On March 29th, Ross Incineration Services, Inc. surpassed five years without a Lost Time Accident (LTA)!
Reaching this LTA milestone displays the tremendous effort RIS associates put forth every day to mitigate the risk inherent to what we do.
To demonstrate this effort, the following activities have been completed since RIS’ last LTA in 2014:
- 5,926 Work Requests submitted
- 1,630 Near Misses reported
- 438 Safety Committee Suggestions
- 414 Management of Change reviews conducted
- 51 Process Hazard Analysis Recommendations completed
- Countless daily conversations and adjustments by those face-to-face with risk
“We all should take extreme pride in reaching this milestone,” said RIS General Manager Neil Gorman. “Great things happen when we follow procedure, effectively communicate, focus on training, conduct drills, get involved and engaged in our many robust safety programs, reinvest back into the plant and have a hard-working, action-oriented EHS department. Congratulations to all on this wonderful safety accomplishment.”