OHSAS 18001 AND THE ross group of COMPANIES
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a non-governmental organization made up of national standards institutes from over 162 countries to become the world’s largest developer/publisher of standards. To date, ISO has developed over 17,500 different global standards which are intended to create solutions that meet both 1) the requirements of business and 2) the broader needs of society.
The British Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001:2007 standard which was adopted by ISO specifies the requirements for an occupational health and safety management system (OH&S MS). Implementation of an OHSAS 18001:2007 compliant OH&S MS enables an organization to develop a policy and objectives which take into account applicable legal requirements, and it applies to those occupational health and safety aspects that the organization can control and influence.
The key benefits of a working OH&S MS include:
- improved environmental performance
- reduced liability
- competitive advantage
- improved compliance
- reduced costs
- enhanced associate involvement
- improved public image
- enhanced customer trust
- ability to meet customer requirements
To that end, the Ross Incineration Services, Inc. has developed an OH&S MS which has been awarded an internationally recognized OHSAS 18001:2007 certification from an independent, third party ISO Registrar – CCAS Americas, Ltd. In addition, Ross Incineration Services, Inc. is audited by CCAS Americas, Ltd. every nine months to ensure that it is maintaining its OH&S MS in conformance with the OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard.
ROSS INCINERATION SERVICES, INC.
OHSAS 18001 OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (OH&SMS).
OHSAS 18001 is an Occupation Health and Safety Assessment Series for health and safety management systems. It is intended to help an organization to control occupational health and safety risks. It was developed in response to widespread demand for a recognized standard against which to be certified and assessed.
The 5 Key Elements of Ross Incineration Services, Inc. OHSAS 18001 Policy include:
- COMPLIANCE: Maintaining procedure(s) for periodically evaluating compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- PREVENTION: Identifying and correcting problems. Preventing recurrence.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Establishing roles and responsibilities for occupational health and safety management, and providing appropriate resources.
- COMMUNICATION: Establishing internal / external communications on OH&S issues.
- CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT: Periodically reviewing the OH&S MS with an eye to adequacy, effectiveness and continuing suitability.
Our actions will be consistent with this Policy and the Ross companies’ Mission Statement, Vision and Values.